Monday, January 8, 2018
Worthington Cycles can custom build a perfect set of hand built wheels for you. We can build ultralight road wheels, aero wheels, bomb-proof training wheels and Mountain wheels of any just about any type. We do all of our building by hand and select each component to match your needs. Built with your choice of top of the line hubs, rims and spokes all in a hand built custom design tailored just to your needs that are better than most of the factory sets now available.
• Rim Choices: Sun, DT, Velocity, Stans NoTubes, HED, Kinlin, Easton etc...
• Hubs: Shimano, DT, Chris King, Bitex, etc...
• Spokes: DT, Wheelsmith, Sapim
• 700C, 29er, 26" MTN, 650B, Tandem, Single Speed, Gravel Wheels
• Tubeless Road Wheels
• Disc Brake Wheels for Mountain, Cross or Road
• Specialty Lacing Patterns Available
An example of a lightweight set of road wheels we recently built use Stan's Notubes Alpha 340 rims in 24H Rear & 20H front drilling. They are laced with DT Revolution spokes on the rear, and DT aerolite spokes on the front with silver alloy nipples. Lacing is 2x Rear and Radial (heads out) front. The rims are taped with Notubes rim tape for tubeless compatibility. The hubs were Shimano DuraAce 9000. The wheels were outfitted with a set of 25c Fusion 5 Galactik Hutchinson tubeless tires. The wheels (without tires) weigh in at just under 1300 grams.